You place a curse on the subject. Choose one of the following.
* –12 penalty to an ability score, or –6 penalty to two ability scores (to a minimum ability score of 1).
* –8 penalty on attack rolls, saves, ability checks, and skill checks.
* Each turn, the target has a 25% chance to act normally; otherwise, it takes no actions.
* Bestow one of the curses or variants in this article.
* Bestow curse of the ages or unluck (_Core Rulebook_ 557).
If a specific affliction is bestowed, the save DC of the spell replaces the usual save DC of the affliction. You can also invent your own curse, but it should be no more powerful than those described above.
The curse bestowed by this spell cannot be dispelled, but it can be removed with a [_break enchantment_](/spells/break-enchantment), [_limited wish_](/spells/limited-wish), [_miracle_](/spells/miracle), or [_wish_](/spells/wish) spell. It cannot be removed with [_remove curse_](/spells/remove-curse) or suppressed with [_abeyance_](/spells/abeyance). The DC to remove the curse with [_break enchantment_](/spells/break-enchantment) increases by 5.